Interior Roads Ltd. is currently seeking applications for a Journeyman Mechanic Afternoon Shift vacancy at our shop in Anahim Lake, B.C.
This position requires a skilled and experienced technician; one who is safety-conscious, production oriented, and self-motivated to perform diagnostic and repair work on a variety of trucks and equipment under the supervision of a senior tradesman. The successful candidate will be required to supply their own trade related hand tools and may be required to participate in some shift work and/or field work as necessary.
Qualifications & Experience
- Journeyman Certificate in Heavy Duty or Commercial Transport Mechanics
- Experience and / or certification in Automotive Mechanics would also be an asset
- B.C Driver’s License, minimum Class 5. Class 3 with Air is an asset
- Preferably Grade 12 education; and up-to-date technical knowledge acquired through trade-related courses since achieving TQ certification
- CVIP Inspection license is preferred, or willingness to acquire
- Knowledge and experience in Preventative Maintenance Programs
- Good knowledge of trade-related worksite safety
- Proven recent work experience, preferably in the Road & Bridge Maintenance Industry, involving gravel trucks, plow trucks, winter maintenance attachments, loaders, graders
- Knowledge of International and Cat equipment preferred
- Physically fit and capable of performing job requirements
Why work for us?
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a well-established family company with a family-oriented work environment. We value trust, honesty, integrity and we are committed to providing an environment that supports growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization as a whole. Interior Roads Ltd. offers a competitive compensation, group pension and benefit package, as well as career advancement opportunities.